Monday, August 1, 2016

Of Course!

My sweet friend in the hospital with her hubby has coined this phrase.  Of course it is.  When one thing happens right after she says of course!  Why would we expect things differently.  But she does so with such sweet attitude.  Life is just trying sometime.

If you read my post "Some Things Should Be Classified" you understand the funny crazies we had yesterday.  It was 11:30 before Zine and I finally got in bed.  And let me just say, it's a good thing I have more than one throw up bucket.    Because at 12:30 Krisann got up sick sick sick.  This child threw up once to twice an hour from 12:30 until 6:00 am when she finally settled down.  She has a fever and feels very rotten!  So...of course that means I slept NONE last night!

So I cancelled my doctors appointment today so that I could be here with sweet Krisann.  She has been really sick!

Good thing I did.  Because of course, something else happened today!  I had Chloe go pick up the cath bag today.  So Zine was going to ride with her.  She gets her license on the 10th!  But for a few more days, we have to ride with her.  And goodness gracious...Zine proved just how talented he is!
We know he can run over my foot, but he was talented enough to run over his own foot.

Zine Smith does not complain of pain but on a scale from 1 to 10 it was an 8 today.  He didn't have his feet on his feet rest and as he was driving down the driveway he got his foot caught on the concrete and he kept going and got his foot all bent up underneath his wheelchair.  YOUCH!!!

So I called our primary doctor and he suggested just taking him on to the ER.  Well, the ER...there wasn't a place to sit!  So I decided to see if I could get him in at American Family Care.  He was hurting so bad I wasn't about to sit for hours in that ER.  So in just about a half hour before they closed we got in at American Family Care.  That place rocks!!  They didn't take my insurance but I didn't care!!  X-rays did not show any major breaks.  We have to wait on radiology to look at it before we know for sure.


But for tonight he is in his bed with his foot raised and ice on it!  He's had some pain medicine and the pain is better controlled.  He can't bear any weight so we are back to using the transfer board!  Good thing we learned how to use that board!  It is coming in very handy!


And the little girl is feeling a bit better tonight.  Still not talking or moving!  But not throwing up!!  Please pray that her fever doesn't go up any higher and continue to pray that no one else gets this virus!  And pray that we can get some sleep tonight!!!!!!  That will make this mama feel better I know! And pray for the muscle spasms in Zine's legs to settle and that pain to be relieved!



Of course this is our crazy life.  Of course things always happen like this!  Of course it gets tiring!  Of course I need two of me sometimes!  But of course, God always has grace and mercy for us in each and every circumstance!  


No comments:

Post a Comment