Saturday, September 12, 2015

It's Raining It's Pouring My Hair is Curling!


My life feels like a constant thunderstorm!  Sometimes there are moments when things seem quiet!  Life is just moving along!  And then out of the clear blue sky the storm clouds roll in, it rains like crazy...



 And I don't have an umbrella!  Which means, that nice straight hair that I worked so hard for just starts curling up like crazy!!



Yep that happened Wednesday!!  And on Wednesday, we received a piece of mail that sent our lives into a tailspin again!  It was so nice to have had a few days where we just did life and didn't think about anything extra!

However, despite the fact that we all got soaked to the bone from a nice little thunder storm and despite the fact that the rain did a number with my hair, as I was drying off in the church bathroom I was reminded of this sign in the Ronald McDonald House.


And today as I have gathered needed paperwork and pulled things together that needed to be pulled together, I have reminded myself of this sign over and over again!  Some storms may come and go, some storms may stay for awhile, but what am I going to do in the middle of the storm?   I want to dance in the rain!  I want to love others despite the chaos of my own life and I want to be loved by others!  I want to stand strong and not be blown around by the winds of life!  I want to find the happiness to dance in the rain and not be weighed down by the storm!  I want to not be scared by the storm, but rather walk in complete confidence!  I don't want to be overwhelmed by the storm, but I want to trust in a God who is bigger than a storm!  And when the storm has me confused and uncertain and answers are not in front of me, I want to trust that God is working all things out for my good and His glory.  IF I can do those things I think that might be a little bit like what dancing in the rain looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment