Monday, February 9, 2015

I've fallen but I can't get up!!

Remember that old commercial on TV where they advertised the life call system of some sort.  It was designed for older people to wear this necklace with a button and if they fell, then they could push the button and help was on its way!  Wow!  I think we need one of those!!

Two nights in a row Zine fell in bathroom!  This was the two days right after surgery!!  So I think anethesia had something to do with his falls!  However, my greatest fear came true.  One of these falls were in the shower.  He was wet, the floors were wet, and I could not get him up!  I must have help!  Thank goodness I have a strong 16 year old son in the house.  So for the first time, I had to get help!  Conner to the rescue!!

I can't imagine how humiliating this whole experience was for Zine.  And I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Conner.  This is not the way life is supposed to be!

We are supposed to be active, taking hikes, going canoeing, playing putt-putt, etc.  Instead we are stuck at home, we've fallen and we can't get up in more ways than one.

Literally a fall in the shower and we couldn't get up.  But more than that, we've been knocked to the ground in life!!  And we can't get up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment