Monday, February 9, 2015

Praise Him in the Storm...Really?

A difficult day I had!  A need to control and I had no control.  People wanting to bless me and every fiber of my being screamed no.  But yet God said in quiet, the answer is YES.

I called one friend and texted another.  Prayer was needed!  I'm pretty sure a panic attack was in the making.   Feeling like I am going to crawl out of my skin.  My heart is racing.  I can't breathe.  I want to run and run fast away as far as I can go.  I never want to stop running!  Quite a bizarre feeling to say the least!

The advice from my friend on the phone...Breathe Karen!  Take a deep breath in and breath out.  Breathe out slowly.  Just breathe Karen!  One would never think you needed a friend to tell you to breathe.  But when you are suffocating with life, that was exactly what I needed.  I would literally find myself holding my breath!  I needed to be reminded to breathe!

And then I was challenged by my friend and pastor's wife...

when your heart is beating out of your chest, try praising God! Sacrificial praise she says!

Really??

I can't do that!  There is no way that I'm going to praise God in this chaos!  It is too hard!  There comes the struggle to the surface again...if God loved me...I wouldn't be in this room having a panic attack!  I wouldn't be in the middle of a family crisis!

And then a song that I love started playing in my mind...Praise You In This Storm.  Oh may I learn to praise Him despite the storm I am in!   Maybe you need to be ministered by this song today!

No comments:

Post a Comment